3rd party option for an RF adapter with filter slot.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Chris Summers

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Chris Summers
Recently I ordered a 3rd party EF to RF lens adapter with a removable filter slot. The one Canon makes is pretty pricey so I was surprised to find this one on sale at Amazon for around $60 and it came with a variable ND filter. The build isn't bad, the mounts on either end are of aluminum, the body is either plastic resin or a mix of that and metal. The brand is Ykeasu and it's made in China. I decided to order a few other filters. a 10 stop ND as the variable is only about 1-6 stops and also a circular polarizer and a clear filter which is required if you aren't using the others. Quality for me is good enough based on the cost and the fact it will only get used at certain times as I have 2 Canon RF adapters with the control ring for my EF lenses.

My main reason for this adapter is that I have a Samyang 14mm in the Canon EF mount and as the front element is convex and sticks out so no way to add a filter. I use ND filters for time exposures during daytime and sometimes use a polarizer as long as I am at the right angle to avoid uneven sky tones. The filters are about $39 each. I got a Tiffen filter case to keep track of them in my gear bag.

Attachments

• 20230803_113615_HDR-01.jpeg
    20230803_113615_HDR-01.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230803_113644-01.jpeg
    20230803_113644-01.jpeg
    780.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230803_113717_HDR-01.jpeg
    20230803_113717_HDR-01.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 28
Could you post the link for this adapter? In the other thread that we both have been participating I think that we are talking about the adapter without filter slot.

It looks like the Ykeasu adapter I got is not listed anymore at Amazon but the drop in filters are. Perhaps an inventory issue and it might be back. The price was great and the quality is good enough for my needs. I already have 2 of the Canon models with the adapter ring, this one is just for my wider angle lenses where a screw on filter doesn't work due to the large front element.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back