Birds My two biggest surprises with the R7……

On my M6's the cage didn't present much an issue with the lens release. I was virtually always using the EF-EFM adapter though, so I seldom had occasion to test the access. I did find that it interfered with mounting a speed booster in place of the adapter though. The body of the speed booster is just enough bigger to cause it to not fit without either modifying or removing the cage. I chose to not use it instead.

Personally, I really like the small size of the R7. I agree that it would be nice to at least have the option of a battery grip, but I've never used one, so I don't miss it. My M6 Mk II bodies were a little too small, so I added SmallRig cages to them, which made them quite comfortable to hold. I've looked at the cage SmallRig offers for the R7. It doesn't look like it would be as effective as the one for the M6II.
All of my cameras are gripped - once you get one and get used to the feel of it and the handling ability it gives you it becomes a must have (for me).

Completely agree with your opinion on R7 vs 7D2. Add to the list that the 7D2 has a deeper buffer.

I love all my mirrorless cameras but without my grip they are just too small for me. The 'grip' on the body itself is only a three finger carry (+ wrist strap). With my grips on the R5s and the EOS-R (and the 7D2 and 5D4) it's a solid four finger grip. It just 'feels right' to me. hehe..

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back