dmanthree

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
David Manzi
The rumor sites say a version 2 of a current lens is coming, and the speculation is that it will be an updated 24-105 f4 L. So....if it's an improvement over the current version, will you buy it? My current lens is really good, so I'm on the "doubtful" side of the fence.

Sounds like it may be the 70-200 f2.8 as the current version is not well liked, I have not tried the RF 24-105 I did try the EF one many years ago and was so impressed I bought the original 24-70L f2.8 instead.

Sounds like it may be the 70-200 f2.8 as the current version is not well liked, I have not tried the RF 24-105 I did try the EF one many years ago and was so impressed I bought the original 24-70L f2.8 instead.
The current RF 70-200 f2.8 is not liked ... really ?? It is stunning compared to the older one in terms of size and IQ is brilliant. I've had both and only one is a walk around. It doesn't need updating, unlike the 24-105L which more often than not people find less exceptional than they though (though my copy was good).

Yeah, I don't get that "not liked" comment. All reviews I've seen are excellent.

The RF lens prices are astronomical. What really stinks is other than the primes, the non-L zooms have terrible apertures.
They do, but they seem a lot sharper than their EF predecessors IMO. I have been really impressed with the RF 24-105 f4-7.1 and the RF 35 f1.8. Not for many years have I used non L glass and it seems to have come a long way - apart from how the max aperture sadly.

I think they will bring out a few RF-S lenses as they really are lacking in that area. More normal RF would be good but I don't see the point re a Mk II of the 24-105L say as it is very good.

They could add IS to the RF 28-70 f2 but I don't expect they will as it is only likely to be used with cameras that have IBIS and adding it would make it even larger !

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back