View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

SO8

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
John H
I have the RF 24105 f4-7.1 as well as the L version.

I was going to sell the non L having not really used it much despite finding it effectively as sharp as the L version, just slower.

My work friend tried it with a view to buying and said it jumped as he zoomed out. I tried and it didn't , but tried again this morning and it did it ... only twice when I first zoomed and I have not noticed it before. It is only when starting to use it and after doing it a couple of times it was fine.

It is like as I zoom it 'stutters' a bit then zooms and only did it if I zoomed slowly ... and I normally tend to zoom fast.

The lens was, to me, secondhand, from my place of work and mint + looked (and still looks) it. Unmarked and as new. It didn't look used at all tbh.

Is it possible the mechanism is just stiff from lack of use .... or reading online people mention the IS getting initially confused occasionally on lenses ??

Ideas ? Seems totally fine other than this weird intermittant behaviour I hadn't seen. IQ excellent and focuses totally normally.

**Edited to add it does it on my R8 but seemingly not on my R5 ! The R8 is fine with all my other lenses I should add**

Last edited:
Update ... the lens on being used each day to see if it did it any more ... didn't !

I am guessing it was lack of use ... but it is being sold anyway as I have bought the RF 24-240 :)

I don't need an RF24-105 STM, RF24-105 F4L and an RF24-240 ... much as I would love to keep it for the lightness and size.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back