Adecoleman

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Adrian Coleman
Many thanks for accepting me in the forum.
I am from Bedford UK and my main photographic interests are Nature and Wildlife.
I have just purchased my first mirrorless camera the R6 and on my first outing with it today have found an issue so it
is being returned (There are images in my post on the RF Shooters FB page regarding the issue.
I am looking forward to being part of the forum.
I‘m glad I haven’t sold my 5DMKIV yet so can at least do some photography in the meantime.

Adrian

Thanks for joining up Adrian! And congratulations on being our first member here as well! The forums only went live yesterday and we haven't actually started promoting them yet, but hope to get the ball rolling over the next few weeks. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask. That is a shame about your R6. I hope you are able to get a replacement sorted out sooner rather than later. All the best, Tim

Thanks for joining up Adrian! And congratulations on being our first member here as well! The forums only went live yesterday and we haven't actually started promoting them yet, but hope to get the ball rolling over the next few weeks. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask. That is a shame about your R6. I hope you are able to get a replacement sorted out sooner rather than later. All the best, Tim
No problem Tim and the forum outlay looks brilliant.
I was so disappointed to find the lines all the way through the images as overall the images were spot on.I phoned the retailer and he said to post
it back ASAP and he sorted the returns label out so its going back tomorrow morning.
I still have my 5DMKIV so I can use that in the meantime.

All the best with the site and i will hopefully eventually post some images from my R6.
I have also made some enquiries about a 100-500 at various suppliers so fingers crossed although the 100-400 Mk ii worked pretty well
today.

Good to hear that the retailer is helping you out. Who did you go with? The 100-500 was in short supply when I purchased mine. Got lucky with Camera Centre UK though. It's always worth calling around the smaller guys. I noticed many said out of stock on their websites but actually had some on the shelves. Same with my R5, I didn't even pre-order just called around and got lucky. Not interested in the 800 F11?

I normally use Jessops as they had a store near me but they closed and have used Wex a few times. I purchased the R6 from HDEW who
came highly recommended from a friend (This is my first purchase from them) and they were doing a good deal on the R6 body with the adapter.
Ive had a look around and as you say no one has the 100-500 in stock although i did see that Harrison Cameras in Sheffield have them in stock on the website. Im not going to commit the best part of £3,000 until i get the R6 sorted though lol.
Regarding the 800 F11 i'm not really interesteddoest really float my boat if you know what i mean lol.
Out of interest have you used the EF 100-400MKII as i would like to know how the 100-500 compares as I've read a lot of reviews etc.
I do have the 100-400mkii and cant fault it but if im going to use the R6 as my main go to would prefer to use the proper mount rather than the adapter

I've used Harrison Cameras before without any issues, not had to return anything though. I've not used the EF 100-400 before. The R5 + 100-500 are my first Canon purchases, if you don't count the G9 compact I had many years ago! :) I have a lot more Sony gear that Canon. Reading in the groups it seems that most people are commenting that the sharpness is very similar, but the AF of the 100-500 is much better as is the stabilization, then of course you have the extra 100mm of reach. Here are a couple of posts in the R5 group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/canonr5shooters/permalink/427931965225530/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canonr5shooters/permalink/423732382312155/

Looks like i have to join the group to view the images.
As always the true test is customer services when something goes wrong so i'
m keeping my fingers crossed on this one

Looks like i have to join the group to view the images.
As always the true test is customer services when something goes wrong so i'
m keeping my fingers crossed on this one
It's a public group so you should be able to view images without joining. Fingers crossed you get a working R6 back in your hands sooner rather than later!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back