PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from our visit (in April 2023) to Oxburgh Hall, Swaffham, Norfolk, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint/ Nik Silver Efex and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels).

You can find out more about Oxburgh Hall by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Oxburgh Hall, completed in 1482, is a moated medieval Manor House which has been home to the Bedingfeld family for over 500 years. (They continue to live here in private apartments).

RF-S-OB-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

2. The Saloon was built for the 4th Baronet as a picture gallery and grand reception room. The walls are adorned with portraits of Protestant monarchs (unusual for such a Catholic household).

RF-S-OB-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 2000

3. The Drawing Room holds an 18th-century Jacobite glass with cryptic symbols (the 3rd Baronet is believed to have been a secret Jacobite).

RF-S-OB-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 6400

4. Personal correspondence from Queen Elizabeth I to Sir Henry Bedingfeld (and the remarkable earliest document announcing Mary I as Queen).

RF-S-OB-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
  • 23.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 5000

5. The walls of the 1st floor North Corridor are adorned by leather wall-hangings. In a room off to the side are the Oxburgh Hangings - embroidered panels created by Mary Queen of Scots and Bess of Hardwick between 1569 and 1584, while Mary was in captivity on the orders of Elizabeth I.

RF-S-OB-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 2500

6. The North Front. In 1952 Sybil, Lady Bedingfeld gave Oxburgh to the National Trust, assisted by the Pilgrim and Dulverton Trusts and the Gordon Daviot Foundation. (Processing note: horrific lens flare issues were - partly - mitigated by dabbling with 'frequency separation' techniques).

RF-S-OB-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 500

(Source: National Trust).

Last edited:
Stunning pictures and history P&K.

Stunning pictures and history P&K.
Hi Tim,

Cheers - much appreciated!

Fully recommended - as is the adjacent church. For us it was a mid-journey stop-off, but it’s worthy of a much longer stay.

(Of course, by the time we left it was raining… :rolleyes: ).

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back