Photography Challenge - Black & White

Infrared image (full spectrum EOS R, shot with 850nm filter), shot at Saguaro East National Park in Tucson, AZ USA.

Attachments

• _R__9133-Edit.jpg
    _R__9133-Edit.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 81
Love this!! I'm partial to IR, I've got the same camera full spectrum converted. What lens did you use?

Love this!! I'm partial to IR, I've got the same camera full spectrum converted. What lens did you use?
Thanks for your comment! The lens was the RF 24-105 f/4. I have found that if I shoot at f/8 or wider, I don't tend to see the hotspots that some RF lenses, including the 24-105, are 'famous' for, at least according to KolariVision. This image was shot at f/8.

I just went to your website, and you have some stunning B&W images, especially the IR ones. I used to live in Pennsylvania where we, of course, also had green grass and deciduous trees, but unfortunately didn't discover IR until after we moved to Tucson. You just don't get the same effect here.

It's almost Tulip season here, not quite time to go out to buy tickets for the fields yet but still some in the stores to buy, despite Easter lilies taking over.
2023_04_02_TulipsIndoor-13072-121 (C) Edit_BW1080_IG.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100mm F2.8 L MACRO IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/15 sec
  • ISO 1250

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back