View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

tbar23

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Trevor
Some of you may have seen my thread regarding the potential purchase of a 100-500mm lens for an upcoming safari. I had been thinking of renting that lens until I was sitting on the sideline of my son’s lacrosse game and thought it would be nice to have a fast lens with some reach. I am now considering the purchase of that lens.
Still being new to this hobby, I’m curious about lens purchases.
With most of my hobbies, patience rewards buyers of expensive items - most manufacturers have at least one or two times per year where a discount can be had.
For Canon lenses, it is not clear to me that this is true.
Do lenses ever go on sale? If so, is it predictable or quite rare and unpredictable?
I have looked for used options, but there are very few out there.

Thanks in advance!

Do lenses ever go on sale? Yes. Would I expect RF lenses to go on sale any time soon? Given the demand and supply chain issues I wouldn't expect to see sales on RF glass in the next year or two, particularly on the L series stuff. Heck, we've already seen price increases on some of it.

When things were normal you generally got a sale towards the holidays at the end of the year giving you about 10% off. After a while you might start seeing refurbished lenses popping up on the Canon site that could save you a few bucks, but that might be all you'll see for a while.

I like to buy Refurb from Canon if I'm not in a rush to spend $$$. Or If I am in a rush to spend $$ 2nd hand. I got my eye on that RF100-500L ;)

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back