PietPienaar

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Pieter Pienaar
Hi Everyone. I use a R5 with a RF 100-500 lens. Great gear. I am experiencing a serious noise build up starting from ISO 640 onwards. To keep the noise levels down I shoot at slower shutter speeds but sacrifice quality in the process. I do not do any in body cropping anymore. Today I did a test shoot in moderate light conditions with Shutter speed at 1000ths of a second with Auto ISO at 1000 as well. The results were populated with noise and not useable. Even the latest version of DeNoise AI struggled. Anyone with the same or similar problem?

run it through DPP4
I have an R5 and Topaz denoise software but wasn't too pleased with some of the results I got. A real game changer for me was using DxO PureRaw 2 Deep Prime anti-noise software, the bad part was the cost but the results are worth it. I think you can try it for free!

Thanks. I guess noise with the R5 and R6 is part of our destiny. DeNoise does help but it adds anothe layer of work. Both cameras are excellent in good light so my shooting habits will just have to be realigned to that of my equipment.
I agree. I have both DeNoise and Sharpen but find Sharpen AI works better for me as it does a good job with noise removal.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back