luckyheel

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Kevin
Looking to replace my old 70-200mm 2.8L with the 200mm 2.8 prime lens. Does anyone have any experience with the R7 and this lens?

I already have the EF 100-400L II, so, I have most of the range covered and the 70-200 is just not sharp in the center at 2.8.

Thank you, in advance.

I have an R6 MK2 and the Canon 200 2.8 prime lens. The lens works very well with my camera. I have owned that lens for many years and used it on a number of cameras. I recently bought an RF 70-200 2.8 Canon for more flexibility. The new lens is fantastic but very pricey. I believe the 200 prime is a very good lens for the $. I am holding on to mine for certain.

I have an R7 and an R6. I have completely changed over to the rf lenses with the exception of two Ef lenses.
And they are the 100mm 2.8L macro and the 200mm 2.8L version ii. Both are exceptional with both cameras and both are quite good with the older sigma 1.4 EX Dx teleconverter. Even works with the 100mm but in that case it doesnt accurately read out the correct aperature setting. With the 200 it does. I use them for low light hummingbird photography and low light sports events. They work quite well for portraits too. Make sure yiu get version 2 on the 200 if you get one. They cane be had for just a few hundred dollars in the US now.

I just posted elsewhere about this. I picked up an EF 200 f2.8 L USMii for about £300 and considering its age I think it is great. Possibly the sharpest lens (so far) on my R7. But i have come from Nikon so don't have a lot of experience with Canon lenses to comment further other than it didn't lose too much with the 2x mk2 extender other than AF got a bit more iffy.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back