Kathym

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Kathleen Marquardt
What wireless remote exposure controller is compatible and easy to set up for the R6? Is there anything similar to the Pixel Pro TW-283?

For 10 years shooting Nikon I used a Vello Freewave Plus, which doesn't have the intervalometer but does have a Bulb setting that I would use to trigger a camera set on Continuous shutter mode as birds flew in, so it would start when I hit it the first time and end when I hit it a second time. I discovered, when I picked up a Sony a6000, is that the unit does not seem to be manufacturer specific, because it worked fine when I bought a Sony cable and plugged it in. This held true with cables for the R5 & R6 (for the life of me I have zero clue as to why those two cameras have different trigger connects - other than greed on Canon's part).

It appears the unit you mentioned has a removable cable, so I would suggest just getting an R6 cable and trying it first before investing in a new unit. This is the one I got. It doesn't mention the R6, but it's the same cable as the EOS R & RP. Just make sure the remote end is the same size as the unit you have. If not, get the one for your unit that words with the R & RP.

You can do it with the Canon app on a smartphone. If the camera is in Tv mode you can control SS. If the Camera is in Av mode, you can control aperture. If the Cam is in manual, you can control all.

Just tried it and did it with an R5 and an iPhone.

You can do it with the Canon app on a smartphone. If the camera is in Tv mode you can control SS. If the Camera is in Av mode, you can control aperture. If the Cam is in manual, you can control all.

Just tried it and did it with an R5 and an iPhone.
All correct, and for single exposures it works well, particularly when you want to see what the camera sees. I just find it far less responsive for any other use, and it can be a bigger drain on battery life if you're using it for an extended period of time. But hey, it's free and a useful tool for certain situations.

All correct, and for single exposures it works well, particularly when you want to see what the camera sees. I just find it far less responsive for any other use, and it can be a bigger drain on battery life if you're using it for an extended period of time. But hey, it's free and a useful tool for certain situations.
I keep my Av mode (using C2) in a bracketed exposure setting. +1.5. 0. -1.5, so when i fire it remotely I get a stack.

I keep my Av mode (using C2) in a bracketed exposure setting. +1.5. 0. -1.5, so when i fire it remotely I get a stack.
I've got mine aimed at a hole in a tree with a Northern Flicker coming in hot to feed its young at the hole. Same with a bluebird coming in to the box. That was 10fps before the R5. You can be sure I'll be doing a full 20fps in silent now. You can build a house with just a hammer, but it gets frustrating. The tool chest is big.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back