PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from our recent visit to Sizergh Castle, Cumbria, England. (Sadly it was a grim, grey and hazy afternoon - but for once it didn't rain!).

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint/ Nik Collection and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panels).

You can find out more about Sizergh Castle by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Sizergh Castle has been home to the Strickland family for over 800 years. At the heart of Sizergh is a 60ft high pele tower (a fortified stronghold) built c.1350.

RF-S-Sz-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 320

2. The mid-1550’s saw the medieval house transformed into a fashionable Elizabethan residence, with the interior being fitted with carved and inlaid oak.

RF-S-Sz-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 2500

3. The Dinning Room with its concealed dumb waiter (added later to prevent the food arriving cold from the kitchens below).

RF-S-Sz-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 6400

4. In the late 1600’s the Stricklands of Sizergh were close to the Stuart Royal family. King James II, the last Catholic monarch of England, was deposed and fled to France in 1688.

RF-S-Sz-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 74.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 6400

5. Within Sizergh portraits of the exiled Stuart court hang side by side with those of the Strickland family. (Note the damage to the ceiling from a burst pipe).

RF-S-Sz-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 6400

6. Sizergh's gardens and 1,600 acre estate have evolved with the story of the Stricklands. Sizergh is now owned and managed by the National Trust.

RF-S-Sz-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 31.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 125

(Sources: The National Trust, Wikipedia).

Last edited:
Oooh love the interiors. It's like some real Barry Lyndon vibes.

Yet another fantastic set. Thanks for the short vacation, Phil.

Oooh love the interiors. It's like some real Barry Lyndon vibes.
Hi Paul,

A fascinating place to visit - the first time we’ve been inside (we usually use the place as a quick stop off en-route into the heart of the Lake District). I think next time I’ll take my RF 16mm as some of the rooms were very tight to frame a shot.

Phil

Yet another fantastic set. Thanks for the short vacation, Phil.
Hi Mike,

Cheers - appreciated!

We’re off on our next short trip starting tomorrow - the rain clouds are already gathering at our intended destination… :rolleyes:

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back