So, how many of you will buy the R5 Mk II in the near future?

As a long range shooter I'm stuck with APSC. Too hard to give up that 1.6x.
If they change the body on the R7ii then I won't be buying any of those either.

As a long range shooter I'm stuck with APSC. Too hard to give up that 1.6x.
If they change the body on the R7ii then I won't be buying any of those either.
At first I didn't really like the QC dial location on the R7. Over time have found it much more natural to use than the traditional placement which is lower down. What I do miss on the R7 is a QC2 dial.

Not buying the II for now.

For me, the R5 was revolutionary. Bought one as soon as I could and it was amazing, and still is. Both body and lens impressed me a lot.

By comparison, the R5 II is incremental. It has some nice features but I don't think they would make much difference to my photos.

I ordered it on the morning of annoucement. I gather though Canon are already stating like all the other new items there will be a backlog on orders. This covers the batteries and grips as well. Why do they not wait until they have built up stocks before they make the annoncements? It seems it's initial orders have already out stripped the original R5. When I pre-ordered from Park Cameras they said at the time they had only an initial interest. Just hoping I put my pre-order in early enough and not have to wait too long.

I ordered it on the morning of annoucement. I gather though Canon are already stating like all the other new items there will be a backlog on orders. This covers the batteries and grips as well. Why do they not wait until they have built up stocks before they make the annoncements? It seems it's initial orders have already out stripped the original R5. When I pre-ordered from Park Cameras they said at the time they had only an initial interest. Just hoping I put my pre-order in early enough and not have to wait too long.
LOL, waiting until they have stock won't get you your camera earlier.

I may possibly get one - eventually - but it will take a fair while (and I may be under the influence of grape derived products when I place the order).

Karen has said I can have a mkII but the question I asked myself was - 'when was the last time the results I got with the mkI left me disappointed?'.

(I look forward to seeing what the mkII can do in the hands of others with considerable interest, but at present I am more than happy with my mkI).

Phil

Leaning toward 2. I really like my R6MII, but the 24mp is often just not enough shooting birds. Will wait for the reviews over the coming months and see if there are any major issues that pop up, but will probably order it late this year.

So the question is, how many of you will purchase the R5 Mk II...

1. Right away (on the waiting list)
  2. Soon, within the next 12 months
  3. I will get one, but it will be awhile
  4. I do not intend to purchase the R5 Mk II

Perfectly happy with my R5's.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back