What Photography Related Item Have You Bought or Sold This Week?

I didn't post at the time, but a week or so I received my refurb/new EF 11-24. Wow! This is a cool lens. So wide, yet not fisheye at all. You can stand arm's length from someone else and have all of them in the frame. Sample images hardly do it justice; they look so normal but you are SO CLOSE!

New is/was $3000, but there is now an RF10-20 and this was on the refurb store for $1300.

View attachment 29656
That would be a nice lens to have.

Godox V1 round flash now fills the vacancy left by my old (15 years?) flash that didn't die from over-work, but from a quiet life that simply didn't last far into new tech age. We'll see good this one is when the need for it arises.

Forgot about this post... A few months back a second EOS R5 body (back up camera) as they were on sale. Recently, an RF 85mm f1.2 L USM lens (I know I'm going to have fun with this one) and a SIRUI AM-404FL , 74.8 Inch Aluminum Travel Monopod with Removable Base with a SIRUI Quick Release Plate Kit with 360° Rotating Panoramic Head and a SIRUI Camera Tripod Ball Head (needed a monopod and chose this for its excellent reviews). All spent out now (for now😂😂😂😂).

Using the discount for Prime day at amazon I got two Powerextra LP-E6NH High Capacity Batteries 2950mAh, $38 including taxes. I'll fully test them this weekend so far I can report that it's recognized by the R6 as a LP-E6HN battery. I do not think that it will give me the promised 2950 mAh but as long as it gives me more than the Canon OEM I'm a happy camper considering that 1 Canon OEM battery is $78 (I can get 4 of those Powerextra).

Godox Studio flash kit, will get first use when the weather turns and i cant shoot outside

Make no mistake everyone. I have GAS! More camera gear to come😂😂

Using the discount for Prime day at amazon I got two Powerextra LP-E6NH High Capacity Batteries 2950mAh, $38 including taxes. I'll fully test them this weekend so far I can report that it's recognized by the R6 as a LP-E6HN battery. I do not think that it will give me the promised 2950 mAh but as long as it gives me more than the Canon OEM I'm a happy camper considering that 1 Canon OEM battery is $78 (I can get 4 of those Powerextra).
I am looking forward to hearing your results. Especially shot count before needing charging compared to the OEM.

I am looking forward to hearing your results. Especially shot count before needing charging compared to the OEM.
Well, I'm happy to report that I'm getting more shots than using the OEM. You have to keep in mind that in my experience all these batteries rated on 2600 mAh or 2900 mAh do not give you what they are advertising. In this specific case I'm getting around 15 ~ 20% more shots than the OEM battery. And the best of all is that my R6 recognize the battery as a LP-E6HN.

So definitely I recommend these batteries.

Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R71GSDB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nothing R related but I did receive 2 infrared filters from a store in China on Ebay for my converted M5 camera. I got a 720 nm and 850 nm in a 43mm filter size. Nicely packaged and both seem to be of high quality and were not expensive.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back