What Photography Related Item Have You Bought or Sold This Week?

Over the weekend I decided to give up my Lensbaby Velvet 56mm lens in the RF mount as I just find I so seldom use it. I do like my other Lensbaby, the Composer 2 and I have both the 35mm and 50mm optical elements for it. I just never really liked the effect of the Velvet. So I traded it at MPB.com for a another Canon GP-E2 GPS receiver. Since I have both the R and the R7 it sort of made sense to have one for each camera when I am out shooting on location. I find it handy for mapping where I shoot and it helps find a location, for instance if I found a good field of wildflowers I can look at the Map module in Lightroom and see where the shots were taken a year or 2 later. The trade was almost even, I get $11 and the GPS.

That being said I have had very good experiences dealing with MPB. They give you about half of what they can sell your item for and pay for the shipping of what you are getting rid of and what you are getting if you are trading gear. They grade their used stuff fairly and price it also in a fair way. I find them to give better quotes for your gear than KEH Camera or my local camera shops.
I will give MPB a look. I've got some gear I'd like to sell, so I can buy some new things.

I just picked up a RF24mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM.

It is the least expensive piece of camera gear that has the name Canon on it. 🤔🤣

This past week, I was lucky to get two replacement R7 cameras with their kit lenses after a long drag with Canon. The local store stood by this customer! The results are remarkably different from the previous camera. In case you care to look at some photos from an outing on Friday:

I Failed Canon. Canon failed me. We failed each other.
The need for change from EOS M6 II to IBIS FF body was brewing inside me for quite some time.
I went to the local shop, ready to fire, and to my horror, not a single FF Canon body was acceptable for holding and buttons/dials. That was a bad day, on top of other usual Canon Cripple hammer stuff. I simply could not get myself to handle this design of Canon.

I am not sure I am doing good, I lusted after Sony A7R III sensor, but due to the offer, price, lenses, I bought Nikon Z5 + 40mm f/2 for starters.
Damn. That was quick. Not a canonist anymore. Well, Canon fan still, but not user. Hopefully they will turn into good ole Canon again. I will miss the menus, UI, LiveView performance, many, many good things. With this sin, I hope I can stay to contribute where possible.

I Failed Canon. Canon failed me. We failed each other.
The need for change from EOS M6 II to IBIS FF body was brewing inside me for quite some time.
I went to the local shop, ready to fire, and to my horror, not a single FF Canon body was acceptable for holding and buttons/dials. That was a bad day, on top of other usual Canon Cripple hammer stuff. I simply could not get myself to handle this design of Canon.

I am not sure I am doing good, I lusted after Sony A7R III sensor, but due to the offer, price, lenses, I bought Nikon Z5 + 40mm f/2 for starters.
Damn. That was quick. Not a canonist anymore. Well, Canon fan still, but not user. Hopefully they will turn into good ole Canon again. I will miss the menus, UI, LiveView performance, many, many good things. With this sin, I hope I can stay to contribute where possible.
Just curious, what about the holding and the buttons and dials was bad for you?

This past week, I was lucky to get two replacement R7 cameras with their kit lenses after a long drag with Canon. The local store stood by this customer! The results are remarkably different from the previous camera. In case you care to look at some photos from an outing on Friday:
Great article, Cermal, I'm really glad that the new cameras are working well for you. Too bad you had to go through all of that just to get the quality that you were expecting in the first place.

Just curious, what about the holding and the buttons and dials was bad for you?
The grip felt quite off, but I would handle that. What I had issues was holding onto the grip while using the controls. I simply could not do that at once. Fingers needed to reach in places where I was not able to control the camera and hold it simultaneously. I was like WTF? about this. Then, shutter button was placed in a way to really spread/stretch my finger uncofortably, and I could not cope with the dial behind the shutter button. Both obstructing and hard to reach/use. This is not a hate troll post, I am canonist for nearly two decades, and went first for Canon to "reconcile" in spite of "too high prices and lesser lens choice".
This handling check broke it for me very fast though. "Not gonna hapen, I´m finally out", and I am grieving over it. Nikon has its own set of problems, so it´s not like everything is solved now. Far from it. I am now partially resenting Nikon, but have no place to return. Still wondering what about Sony.

Peter, you will love the RF 15-35 f/2.8 L especially for dark skies...and Australia has plenty of Dark Skies

Ishoot RF100-400mm lens collar and Benro IB0 tripod ballhead.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back