What Photography Related Item Have You Bought or Sold This Week?

Godox SK300II 2.4G 2 Light Kit (UM/SB) and wife not ecstatic (go figure 🤣). Arrives next week.

Leofoto CF-04 to replace the lensfoot.
Asked a shop to register me as seriously interested in a R5 ii when that would hit the market. They accepted :)

Canon RF 100mm 2.8 L Macro IS USM after my ancient adapted EF 100/2.8 USM broke down (that is, intermittently the aperture blades would not re-open completely after having taken a shot).
I just received one of these on Friday! Picked it up in the Canon USA refurbished sale. Got a screaming deal! Now all I have to do is sell my old EF 100 F2.8 L

I just purchased a NYX Tracker for wide field milky way photography. At $150 with a polar finder, it's just about the least expensive star tracker I could find. If I like using it, and get good results, I may upgrade to something better.

I found it via PetaPixel.

I got some small jeweler's screwdrivers and tweezers so I can disassemble my Tamron 18-400mm lens that got sand in the zoom mechanism while shooting birds down near Galveston a few weeks ago. I found a video on YT for disassembling the 18-200mm and figured it should be similar. So far I have gotten about 70% of the lens apart but need to go a bit further to blow out the dust and apply some lens helix grease I got on Amazon.

Attachments

• lens cleaning.jpeg
    lens cleaning.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 32
You're a brave man. I'd be so concerend that I'd mess up something and ruin the lens. I'm sure you'll do a better job than me, and good luck. Please let us all know how it goes since you may spark more of us to try that kind of repair.

You're a brave man. I'd be so concerend that I'd mess up something and ruin the lens. I'm sure you'll do a better job than me, and good luck. Please let us all know how it goes since you may spark more of us to try that kind of repair.
Well the only reason I am doing it is that I got an estimate from Tamron for $385 to clean it so I did an insurance claim and got a brand new lens. So if I can clean it and put it back together and it works I will try to sell it. I figure I have nothing to lose!

Over the weekend I decided to give up my Lensbaby Velvet 56mm lens in the RF mount as I just find I so seldom use it. I do like my other Lensbaby, the Composer 2 and I have both the 35mm and 50mm optical elements for it. I just never really liked the effect of the Velvet. So I traded it at MPB.com for a another Canon GP-E2 GPS receiver. Since I have both the R and the R7 it sort of made sense to have one for each camera when I am out shooting on location. I find it handy for mapping where I shoot and it helps find a location, for instance if I found a good field of wildflowers I can look at the Map module in Lightroom and see where the shots were taken a year or 2 later. The trade was almost even, I get $11 and the GPS.

That being said I have had very good experiences dealing with MPB. They give you about half of what they can sell your item for and pay for the shipping of what you are getting rid of and what you are getting if you are trading gear. They grade their used stuff fairly and price it also in a fair way. I find them to give better quotes for your gear than KEH Camera or my local camera shops.

I bought DxO Nik collection 6 today.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back