What Photography Related Item Have You Bought or Sold This Week?

T-Max 100 (36 exp.) T-Max 400 (36 exp.) and 25a filter for my Minolta SR-T201 (and perhaps my Pentax P3n) doing landscape.

It has been a couple years, but I feel if I try film again, I might slow down and evaluate the scene longer before pressing the shutter.

I’ve bought the Loupedeck CT (Creative Tool) - primarily for use with Lightroom Classic, but also for Photoshop and DxO PhotoLab 7/ FilmPack 7 (though the latter two only offer very limited control options). I’m also using it with macOS applications - Mail, Safari, Numbers, Apple Music and Notes to varying degrees.

Development of my set-up/ use continues, but so far it has been (a) fun and (b) worthwhile. The software and available permutations are not perfect and certain limitations definitely apply. I’ve also experienced a few crashes of the Loupedeck CT, but re-boot and recovery have been swift and it’s generally stable in use.

(The Loupedeck software is quite good fun in itself - and can been downloaded free, then 'developed' without the need for the actual hardware).

It's early days in terms of refining my set-ups (which will almost certainly be an ongoing thing), but samples are shown below for general information.

Phil

Loupedeck CT - the 6 side Dials can be turned/ pushed, the 4x3 matrix screen Buttons are touch/ haptic and the main jog Dial has a touch screen. Most elements can be given various assignments, with multiple Dial/ Button and Wheel set ups / pages for each 'Profile' and 'Workspace'. User actions can be defined, but these mostly rely on having associated keyboard shortcuts/ presets. (There are other options, such as scripting, which I haven't explored).

RF-S-LD1.jpg

I've set these workspaces up to suit my workflow/ preferences (note some of the actions/ icons shown are my creations) - trial and error development continues...

RF-S-LD2.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve bought the Loupedeck CT (Creative Tool)
I have thought many times on getting a Loupedeck, but that's as far as it gets. I have also looked at a Wacom Intuos Pro. I don't know anyone who has one I could try before I buy.

My biggest editing hassle is finetune editing with a clunky mouse! 🐁

Keep up updated my friend.

I purchased an isdt LP2 Air charger for my LP-E6 batteries. I had problems with my Nitecore UCN2 charger not working properly with some a couple of my batteries. Granted, I do not have any Canon batteries any longer, but have 4 Patona batteries (which are wonderful) and 2 Neewer batteries. All of these batteries work without a hitch in my Canon charger, but I like to use a double charger since I am a battery grip user.

The isdt LP2 Air charger is pretty unique. It can charge LP-E6NH, LP-E12, and LP-E17 batteries without any adapters etc. It is small, uses usb-c PD for power, not included so you have to either already have a USB-C PD adapter or you have to buy one. I bought one to be dedicated to this charger.

The charger also has an app (Android and Apple) which provides all charging data in real time while charging. The app also allows the user to change configurations such as whether to beep or not to notify when it is finished charging etc. Since the charger has the app for a smartphone, the charger itself is small since it doesn't have any type of display, only two very small LEDs to indicate charging or not charging etc.

It charged all of my batteries, 2 at a time, in a little less than 2 hours per pair. The batteries were discharged to whatever level a Canon EOS R stops working and needs new batteries (around 2% I think).

So far, I am very pleased with it. You can check it out here https://www.isdt.co/lp2air.html

I have thought many times on getting a Loupedeck, but that's as far as it gets. I have also looked at a Wacom Intuos Pro. I don't know anyone who has one I could try before I buy.

Hi Dean,

No problem, will do. If you have any specific questions - such as can it do ‘a’ or ‘b’, let me know and I’ll have a go (hopefully you won’t get to ‘z’ - user ability limitations will also apply…). If you download their software and want to look at my custom set-ups, I can make them available via Dropbox (bear in mind they’re personal to me, my preferences/ workflow and a work in progress).

I’m using the Loupedeck in conjunction with a mouse and keyboard (it definitely wouldn’t replace the former for things like brush work/ picking things - IMHO - and it’s also needed for any menu items/ settings the Loupedeck can’t be used for), In terms of ‘vs a tablet’, I did try a Wacom some time back, but couldn’t get on with it (though many people do).

Phil

Last edited:
Wow, hard weeks for my wallet,🥵

- a new rig belt.
-Canon mobile photo printer 1500er
- two additional batteries
- Davinci Resolve speed editor and Studio license.
- K&F Stativ 215cm
- Flightcase for all Equipment
- Filter set for my DJI Air 2s
- Filter set for GoPro 7 black

I know most is not related to the R6 but makes the wallet empty.

I think I need a bigger house, next.

BR,

Michael

Been a good boy this week, and havent bought anything. Only because i am saving for the RF200-800 when it goes in sale in March.

Hi Dean,

As requested - a sort of update thingy... :)

A couple of weeks in (plus a couple more playing with the software before I got the hardware) and the Loupedeck CT is a definite keeper for me.

As per my original post, I primarily use if for my photo related tasks, but I've also been gradually adding extra functionality for my other software.

Plus points - excellent for repetitive tasks (some involving multiple inputs) which can be carried out with a single button press, for things like opening/ navigating between apps, using dials to adjust settings - and for other tasks such as levelling/ sizing crops and zooming. Sample program profiles are provided, but I have created my own profiles and workspaces with custom keyboard shortcuts/ dial assignments and (latterly) a couple of AppleScripts. You can also customise things like the button matrix/ dial screen icons/ labelling (endless fun!).

Negatives - very few really. It will occasionally crash (swift recovery). There are limitations, some things could be better implemented and it's not '100% perfect' - but neither am I - be prepared to adapt and devise workarounds to irksome issues.

Bottom line - this is, basically, a super-neat input device, it does not replace a mouse/ keyboard (IMHO) - but it works with them in a very satisfying way.

Any investment you make in evaluating your needs/ workflow and customising the Loupedeck will be richly rewarded with grin inducing slickness, but make no mistake - this does require both time and thought. If you can forgive the occasional technical glitch - it is all very rewarding. Once you're up to speed it can certainly save time - but as importantly it really does add to the fun. My take - others views may differ. (We're both right).

The usual caveats apply - there are things I know, things I don't know and things I don't know that I don't know. I'm also happy fiddling around with tech and developing stuff - it's as much a part of my hobby as taking and creating images. Importantly, I have no deadlines to meet, or any clients to please.

Make of this what you will and - as I've mentioned - let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Phil

1. My LrC Library Module Workspace is used for weeding/ initial 'pre-processing', including sending selected raw files to DxO PhotoLab (via Plug-in) and the initial tweaks to the DNG files when they are exported back to LrC from DxO. (Also shown are some of the available customisation options).

FR-S-LDN--2.jpg

2. My LrC Develop Module Workspace has multiple dial pages (forward/ backward navigation via button '2'/ Fn '2') which allows me to use just my left hand to make most basic settings adjustments. I can also invoke my favourite presets and send images off to Photoshop/ Topaz Photo AI. (Also shown are the LrC customisation options - some of which, such as Develop Presets, are brought across from LrC).

FR-S-LDN-.jpg

3. My LrC 'export workspace' allows me to quickly filter sets of image files and export them via the most frequently used LrC export presets.

FR-S-LDN--3.jpg

4. My Photoshop workspace allows me to invoke some of my custom PS actions and assists me to carry out some of my regular tasks - e.g. quickly moving between layer blending options/ adjusting opacity, resizing images and stuff like adjusting brush size/ flow.

RF-S-LD-PS.jpg

5. My DxO PhotoLab Elite Workspace. There are fewer shortcut options for DxO PL, but this workspace allows me to do certain regular tasks such as returning to LrC (a frequent back-and-forth 'app juggle' with my initial raw files processing workflow) and now includes some of my AppleScript actions.

FR-S-LDN-DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing for my R system but I did get a 720 nm Hoya filter for my M5 that I converted to 590 nm infrared. I also placed an order for an 850 nm filter on Ebay from a store in China. They had some good prices and I figured for the $19 I would give it a try, if it's crap then I am not out much.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back