Your R System Images - June 2024

Rapidly approaching the end of our UK and Europe holiday, relaxing with a friend in his house looking over Girona (north of Barcelona). It’s been raining a fair bit, which is welcome after a couple of very dry years, if less than ideal from our point of view - but last night the weather cleared briefly at sunset…

IMG_2068.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 800

Processed in Lightroom on my iPad.

Sunny today, but with a chilly (for Spain) wind.

Lunch out yesterday with my wife, she had the fried shrimp platter, I had calamari and a couple of shrimp tacos. I wouldn't normally use my R7 for food photography but it was in the car with us.

View attachment 28826

View attachment 28827

View attachment 28828
Hi Chris,

Well captured, with just the right mix of detail and blur and rich colours. Of course, you've gone and made everyone feel incredibly peckish now.

Thank you for sharing (the images - though, sadly, not the food)... :)

P&K

Rapidly approaching the end of our UK and Europe holiday, relaxing with a friend in his house looking over Girona (north of Barcelona). It’s been raining a fair bit, which is welcome after a couple of very dry years, if less than ideal from our point of view - but last night the weather cleared briefly at sunset…

View attachment 28834

Processed in Lightroom on my iPad.

Sunny today, but with a chilly (for Spain) wind.
Hi Gareth,

We thought of you while we we on our recent tour (a couple of warm and sunny days before the rain realised we were on holiday and caught us up).

Hopefully you enjoyed your stay in the UK (and you didn't get too wet).

A very fine and pleasing composition here, with a glorious sky hanging above an idyllic looking vista - perfectly complimented by the gentle haze.

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Hi Gareth,

We thought of you while we we on our recent tour (a couple of warm and sunny days before the rain realised we were on holiday and caught us up).

Hopefully you enjoyed your stay in the UK (and you didn't get too wet).

P&K

Thanks! I thought of your trips to Chester Zoo as we passed by on a train to Flint…

We seemed to escape the worst of the weather, or at least were indoors when it poured, but it would be nice to warm up at some point.

Here’s a chough we saw while walking a bit of the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path, just to prove that we got good weather occasionally. 😂

IMG_2062.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 125

Thanks! I thought of your trips to Chester Zoo as we passed by on a train to Flint…

We seemed to escape the worst of the weather, or at least were indoors when it poured, but it would be nice to warm up at some point.

Here’s a chough we saw while walking a bit of the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path, just to prove that we got good weather occasionally. 😂

View attachment 28848
Hi Gareth,

Good weather in Wales - you did extremely well... 😂

(Absolutely superb image by the way).

P&K

Some shots from a rainy Knockhill. First time out with the new camera body, some learning to do!

013A2009-57.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R3
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 400

013A1204-37.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R3
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100

013A1830-54.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R3
  • 223.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 400

Some shots from a rainy Knockhill. First time out with the new camera body, some learning to do!

View attachment 28869

View attachment 28868

View attachment 28867
Hi Mike,

Terrific images which emphasise the drama and the intensity of the unfolding action.

Beautifully captured and composed with deep/ rich colours and the right mix of movement blur/ detail.

(Takes me back a few years to when I still rode - though never raced - these wonderful machines).

Well done - and thank you for sharing... :)

Phil

Hi Mike,

Terrific images which emphasise the drama and the intensity of the unfolding action.

Beautifully captured and composed with deep/ rich colours and the right mix of movement blur/ detail.

(Takes me back a few years to when I still rode - though never raced - these wonderful machines).

Well done - and thank you for sharing... :)

Phil

Thanks Phil for the very kind words🙂👍

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back