Your R System Images - May 2024

Some images of owls taken in my backyard in Woodbridge VA and a few other images taken at area nature parksView attachment 28084

View attachment 28085

View attachment 28088

View attachment 28089

View attachment 28087

View attachment 28086
Hi Art,

A terrific series of eye-catching captures which should enthrall and delight any viewer.

Devastatingly wonderful owl shots, but we can't get past image #3 (what a little cutie!).

Well done all-round - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

A couple of raw files pulled around (possibly beyond what is reasonable and sensible?) while playing with a bunch of software - aka 'overcooking things'... :cool:

Original 'blue hour/ sun set' shots taken at Loch Lomond, Scotland in 2021. (And, 'yes' - it did rain a lot!).

(s/w: DxO PL 7 Elite/ Nik Collection 7, Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper Panels and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

I'm still trying to decide if I like where these two images ended up, but you may notice a few subtle differences from where they started. (Button fever).

You may also ask 'so, what's the point of all this nonsense? Well, I was waiting for the heating repair engineer to arrive and I thought it would be a laugh...

:)

Phil

(The punchline is the engineer will now be coming round tomorrow... :rolleyes: ).

1. Original 'as shot' (raw converted to jpg)...

RF-S-LL1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 65.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 100

2. What do all these adjustment thingys do?

RF-S-LL3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 65.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 100

3. Original 'as shot' (raw converted to jpg)...

RF-S-LL4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 250

4. Taking certain liberties with the fabric of reality...

RF-S-LL5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 250

Last edited:
Hi Ian,

Three wonderful image of beautiful creatures to showcase your tech (and talents!) - superb detail, colours and eye-pop evident throughout.

A difficult call, but image #1 is (just) our favourite.

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thanks so much!

A couple of raw files pulled around (possibly beyond what is reasonable and sensible?) while playing with a bunch of software - aka 'overcooking things'... :cool:

Original 'blue hour/ sun set' shots taken at Loch Lomond, Scotland in 2021. (And, 'yes' - it did rain a lot!).

(s/w: DxO PL 7 Elite/ Nik Collection 7, Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper Panels and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

I'm still trying to decide if I like where these two images ended up, but you may notice a few subtle differences from where they started. (Button fever).

You may also ask 'so, what's the point of all this nonsense? Well, I was waiting for the heating repair engineer to arrive and I thought it would be a laugh...

Phil

(The punchline is the engineer will now be coming round tomorrow... :rolleyes: ).

View attachment 28096

View attachment 28097

View attachment 28098

View attachment 28099
Maybe that's the fabric of reality for a different species. It would be kind of fun for, say, Lightroom or DxO, to have animal-eye presets. E.g., scenes calibrated to what a cat sees, horse sees, etc.

Maybe that's the fabric of reality for a different species. It would be kind of fun for, say, Lightroom or DxO, to have animal-eye presets. E.g., scenes calibrated to what a cat sees, horse sees, etc.
Hi David,

Interesting concept - I like your thinking!

On similar lines, perhaps edit 1 could be my 'what you'd see if you were heavily hungover preset'... 😂

Phil

(Still waiting for the engineer, so there could well be some more 'Scotland re-edited' shots to come yet).

A couple of red-rumped swallows (コシアカツバメ koshiaka-tsubame)

rrs1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 420.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 800
rrs2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 1250

A couple of red-rumped swallows (コシアカツバメ koshiaka-tsubame)

View attachment 28114View attachment 28115
Hi David,

Terrific captures of beautiful creatures - wonderful colours, details and eye-pop.

(I suspect these are small/ fast moving and challenging to find/ track in the EVF).

Well done - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Hi David,

Terrific captures of beautiful creatures - wonderful colours, details and eye-pop.

(I suspect these are small/ fast moving and challenging to find/ track in the EVF).

Well done - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thank you. Yes, a bit challenging at 700mm, so I pulled back to 420 to make it a little easier. I should have just taken the extender off. Next time.

Phil

View attachment 28096

View attachment 28097

View attachment 28098

View attachment 28099
Very nice. I've always had a thing for B&W.

Very nice. I've always had a thing for B&W.
Hi Only RF,

Cheers - much appreciated!

(A couple more from today will be incoming shortly as the water heating system fix saga continues into a second season).

Phil

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back