Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Joseph Saunders
Greetings all,

I have the RF 100mm lens and have experienced some issues and I am unsure if these are things I can control, or not.

First is when I select manual focus, set the focus to 1.4:1 and then turn the camera off, it resets the focus point back to infinity. The EF version remained where I had moved the focus distance. I don't understand why this is not staying at 1.4.

Second, is there a way to change the number of times you have to turn the ring to move across the full focus plain? I counted 7 turns to move it from infinity to 1.4 and with it resetting to infinity every time I turn my R5 off and back on, this is a lot of time to get the focusing position back where I need it for shooting macro.

I spent some time on the phone with Canon this morning to no avail.

Regards,

J

I don't have the lens but I believe there's a menu setting somewhere that allows you to set whether or not a lens returns to infinity on power off or it retains focus. If you were on the phone with Canon I would think they'd know whether or not this is the case, but since I'm fairly new to the R5 I'd have to have read it somewhere recently for it to be in my head. LOL

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back