View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

lostnomore

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
City/State
Alberta
I realize that the RF 2x teleconverter can be only used on this lens from 300-500mm. What is the max. (widest) aperture at 300mm and also at 500mm when this TC is attached?

I realize that the RF 2x teleconverter can be only used on this lens from 300-500mm. What is the max. (widest) aperture at 300mm and also at 500mm when this TC is attached?
From this thread:

"100-500 with extenders becomes:

420-700mm f/8-10 L IS with 1.4x

600-1,000mm f/11-14 L IS with 2.0x"

That is what I read as well but I can't back that up. I know I decided I would not put the 2X on that lens. I only have the 1.4 and I decided cropping would do the rest.

That is what I read as well but I can't back that up. I know I decided I would not put the 2X on that lens. I only have the 1.4 and I decided cropping would do the rest.
Same with me. I completely agree.

I have the 100-500mm and both the 1.4x and 2x TC's. I just went back through my Lr catalog and to my astonishment I don't have a single shot with the combination of the 100-500mm and 2x. That could be for a variety of reasons, but the one suspect by omission is that I never got anything worth keeping.

That said, I may need to make it a priority to test out the combinations against a static target in the next couple days.

Perfect, thanks for your replies. I've read that the 2x isn't quite as sharp as having the 1.4x attached. Any thoughts?
I can verify this. I have both.

I have neither the lens nor either of the extenders, but I recall reading somewhere that due to the physics/optics involved all 1.4x converters out-perform 2x converters. I wish I could remember the details or where I read that bit, but sadly I don't.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back