View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

lostnomore

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
City/State
Alberta
I realize that the RF 2x teleconverter can be only used on this lens from 300-500mm. What is the max. (widest) aperture at 300mm and also at 500mm when this TC is attached?

I find it challenging with just the RF800. I find it next to impossible using the RF 800 and the 2X TC on the R5. The RF 800 on the R7 is extremely challenging, and it’s absolutely impossible on the R7 with the 2X TC. Frankly, the RF 800 and the 2X converter is, at least in my hands, for static subjects only (plus a good tripod or solid rest).
Thanks for the info

I have both the 1.4X and 2X TCs. I use with RF100-400 and RF100-500. I like the 4X zoom of the RF100-400 and it works 4X even with the TCs on.

I have been surprise with the high quality of the 2X sharpness. Nearly the same as the 1.4X.

The extra stop of light loss is more of a factor for me. I do only use a tripod with the 2X though. I can use 1.4X without a tripod.

I like to use the R7 with the RF100-400 and 1.4X as walk around kit if there is enough light. The RF 100-500 is brighter but it is not what I like for fast action due to the limited zoom range with the TC. I use the R7 or R5 depend on the envisioned use case. The heavier R5 is better for low light and massive cropping. The results comparing the R7 and R5 are surprisingly close.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back