Joanne

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Joanne
I have a number of Canon lenses I'm hoping to use with my new R5. The adapter appears to be in short supply. Has anyone used one, or know of a source?

HI, I have the Canon RF control ring adapter bought from Panamoz as I could not get one in the UK at the time, but recently some shops are getting stock at last, the control ring adapter is good for use with my EF lenses at present I use it for iso but have tried it for aperture as well.

I have resisted using control adaptors, just got a simple look-a-like (£35) one knowing I was getting RF lenses. They add more weight and length to a lens. I can see the control ring being useful with EF lenses for others.

Last edited:
I was recommended the control ring adaptor and I can honestly say I haven't used it once in 9 months, neither have I used the one on my 100-500 either. Three dials on the R5 for ISO,aperture and S/S are more than enough for me.

I've just got myself a SMART 4/2. That car is easier to learn where all the controls are compared to my R5 😁

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back