Canon R5 Canon R5 Buffer Issues

Michał Dudulewicz

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Michał Dudulewicz
Fellow R5 Users. Yesterday I was shooting a training session for a local American football team. I was shooting mechanical shutter with H+, auto iso, 1/400, RAW files and rf 100-500 lens. After 10-12 shots the buffer was sooo busy I had to wait 30s and more to be able to shoot more. I am using SANDISK extreme pro cf card ( read 1500mb/s, write 800mb/s, type B )
Has anyone experienced such busy buffer issues? I could shoot longer bursts with my 5dmk4 :(

Up to now I have had no issues with buffering I shoot air displays and use the RF100-500 on my R5. The CFE card I use is the Integral Ultima with 1600mb/s write speed and 1700mb/s read.

The advertised speed and the actual speed could be 2 different things. I would have thought your card would be up to the job. It is possible you have a fake card.

I had a similar problem recently, although is said it was a SD 1Tb it should have captured 2 or 3 frame burst it couldn't manage 2. It turned out to be fake and only had 8Gb of storage.
I did a lot of research and found this:
Thread 'CF Express B Memory Cards - A guide, and a question.' https://rfshooters.com/threads/cf-express-b-memory-cards-a-guide-and-a-question.909/

Fellow R5 Users. Yesterday I was shooting a training session for a local American football team. I was shooting mechanical shutter with H+, auto iso, 1/400, RAW files and rf 100-500 lens. After 10-12 shots the buffer was sooo busy I had to wait 30s and more to be able to shoot more. I am using SANDISK extreme pro cf card ( read 1500mb/s, write 800mb/s, type B )
Has anyone experienced such busy buffer issues? I could shoot longer bursts with my 5dmk4 :(
Do you have a card in your SD slot, and if so are you shooting redundant?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali
Back