Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Frank J
City/State
SPRING HILL, FL
Well, here is a video explaining the latest updates on this topic with an input from Canon.

This video probably explains why I never had the issue.

I only use burst in H with mechanical shutter, I'm from the old guard that feels that to get 1 shot from 100s in a burst is like in some way cheating. I feel more satisfaction when I get a perfect shot pulling trigger just one time. :D

If the rollover is so bad then why you don’t use mechanical shutter. It works well for me in BIF. Again, there is nothing wrong with wanting something better but I’m tired of seeing people bashing this camera. Go to my Flickr page and look at 1000s pictures taken with this camera. In 99% of them you will not see any rollover effect. I owned a Sony a7r3 and believe me, that one had a good rollover. So I really don’t see or feel that the R7 is worse at all. The R7 is being sold with a price tag hard to match by any competitor in a camera with same features. There are better cameras, yes, with a higher price. There are rumors about an R7 M2, I doubt it will match the R7 price when it was released. And I don’t see me buying it. For me the R7 does everything I need and with the quality that fits my needs.

I think you are not reading what I am saying. I am not and haven't "bashed" the R7. As I said in the last post and many others on here it is a fantastic camera for the money. But I don't have my head in the sand.Rolling shutter is "a thing" at times as is the unreliable AF. Whether you have been lucky and the QC is patchy for this camera I don't know. But you go into any R7 forum and you will find pages and pages on this. Like I said - you can't use mechanical shutter in pre-burst mode anyway and you can't use it in a hide it is so loud. I don't publish images with rolling shutter either but here is my flickr !

Everything is about knowing well your camera. Know the limitations and you will enjoy it.

Yes all the enthusiasts and pros already know all this. It is just a comparative thing in those difficult conditions and in the early days before user experiences, the hype from reviewers and from Canon in its advertising (not the small print in the manual that we didn't yet have! ) led early adopters to believe it would be similar to the other Canon mirrorless cameras and class leading. It isn't. Experience has proven that not to be the case. It's as simple as that. We all know what not to do to get around it and the only reason it is mentioned is so that new users don't think they have the wrong settings or need to send their camera back to Canon as some clearly have. I don't recall Canon mentioning either that there is above average shutter shock in mechanical and the sound is so loud I would be thrown out of my local Kingfisher hide if I dared use it! :rolleyes::)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back