Canon R5 Canon R5 Firmware Update v1.8.1

RDM5546

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Roger
Did the download and install. I am now playing with it to see the changes. The is a new manual upgrade too. I download that as well. There is also a new version of DPP to go along with it.

Or the 1992 film portraying the distant future (2008) starring Rutger Hauer.

Has anyone heard any more recent rumors about a R5 firmware 2.0 being released by the end of this year? This sounds very encouraging!

I have not heard a thing. BTW, what are the suspected improvements for FW2.0?

Getting rid of the video 30 minute timer (like the R7) is probably the most frequently speculated followed by the R3/R7 autofocus interface. I want them to offer ES slower speeds that 20fps. H+ 20fps H 10fps and L 6fps like found on the R7. Other people have had other requests as well. The use of 2.0 Firmware name suggests it would truly a major grade more than "1.9" would suggest. I have heard there would be two upgrades this year with one being a major upgrade. I doubt the 1.8.1 upgrade was considered major by most people. I like using both the R7 and the R5. They are both great tools. The R7 firmware has several bells and whistles that seems like the R5 users would love.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back