Choice of Editing Software ?

Used Canon DPP and PS for many years. Then added LR. Now have been messing with PL4 and I really like it. I still use LR for cataloging/keywords/etc.
I import to LR, cull, and export the selected to DxO PL4. Then, save back to LR.

I enjoy photography as a hobby. I have a Mac, and use Photos software for my libraries. I've found that Photos has great editing capabilities for quick adjustments. If I need more, I use either Luminar AI or Luminar 4 and Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo. I also use Starry Sky Staker and Starry Landscape Staker for astrophotography.

I used lightroom classic for almost a year. Then i tried Canon photo pro and saw that was doing a very good job. But Canon photo pro is to often saying not responding so i had a look on the internet and now evaluating ON1 Photo RAW 2023 and looks like that is as good as lightroom

I used lightroom classic for almost a year. Then i tried Canon photo pro and saw that was doing a very good job. But Canon photo pro is to often saying not responding so i had a look on the internet and now evaluating ON1 Photo RAW 2023 and looks like that is as good as lightroom
What did you dislike about lightroom CC that you switched? Have you looked at Dx0 Photolab 6?

What did you dislike about lightroom CC that you switched? Have you looked at Dx0 Photolab 6?
These days I use DXO (Elite) 98% of the time since migrating from Luminar. I'm not saying its the best RAW processor in the market but its one I feel most at ease with after trying out ACDsee, On1 et al. The "Control Point" masking and denoise modules are superb.

Basically i was looking what is else there. Then i came to ON1 and started to try , can't try all :)

I use Pixelmator on an iPad, iPhone and MacBook Air. My needs are simple and this software works quite well for me.

Which processing software and plugins does everyone use ?

My preference is the Adobe photography monthly subscription and i tend to use Topaz Labs AI Denoise and AI Clear.
I also use Topaz Gigapixel. I also have Nik collection which i find great for the odd bit of processing different looks etc.

I have tried a few other editing programs like Luminar but always find myself going back to Photoshop & Lightroom.

It would be nice to know other members choices of software and also maybe some suggestions and tips Regarding processing etc.
I too use the Adobe monthly subscription. Mainly Lightroom with the Topaz deNoise AI plugin.

I stopped updating Photoshop when Adobe moved to a subscription model. I now mostly use Affinity Photo - available for Mac or PC for a single payment. Affinity has recently released version 2 (Affinity Photo 2) which is on special offer until 25 January 2023. There is a lot of information about Affinity Photo on the internet and the Affinity web site has a range of helpful video tutorials, as does YouTube.

I am a relative newcomer to all but very basic editing, but I have the Adobe Photography subscription. I am still trying to get my head around photoshop <LOL>
Not that you can't use PS for photography but I once read. LrC is for the photographer, PS is for the designer. LrC easier to use.

Are you using PS for something specific that LrC can't handle? Since version 11 and especially 12 I can't remember the last time used PS and I grew up on it. These days I only use it to crop and export screen shots :)

Found and interesting video about the recent masking updates.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back