Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Cemal Ekin
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
While testing a manual focus lens with no electronic connection to the body, I wanted to take a picture of the rear LCD screen and then the lens to record the settings on that frame. To my surprise, the image frame number is not displayed on the LCD screen. I searched quite a bit but could not find a way to display the image frame number on the screen. Is this true or am I missing something? Below is a picture of the rear screen taken with my phone. I tried different levels of information displayed but the frame number never showed up.

20230904_165433~2.jpg

While testing a manual focus lens with no electronic connection to the body, I wanted to take a picture of the rear LCD screen and then the lens to record the settings on that frame. To my surprise, the image frame number is not displayed on the LCD screen. I searched quite a bit but could not find a way to display the image frame number on the screen. Is this true or am I missing something? Below is a picture of the rear screen taken with my phone. I tried different levels of information displayed but the frame number never showed up.

View attachment 19462
Hi Cemal,

The only option I know of where you can show the card/ folder/ frame number references is during playback.

(I believe during shooting you can only see the shot capacity remaining and number of burst shots available).

Phil

Hi Cemal,

The only option I know of where you can show the card/ folder/ frame number references is during playback.

(I believe during shooting you can only see the shot capacity remaining and number of burst shots available).

Phil
Thank you, Phil. I ended up using the preview frame right after the capture. If I missed it, I would press the preview button and photograph the screen. Oddly, there is no way to display it on the screen while taking the picture. But again, until now, I never thought about the frame number!!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back