Followers
Following
Name
Dean Wilson
City/State
Canby, Oregon
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
My shirt fell down while I was wearing it and while my R5 handled it better than I, alas my RF 100-500 front element has sustained three chips and the threads on the front are damaged as well. Lens hood is a gonner as well. (I do not have Canon CarePAK, because I never damage my equipment!)

When I enter my information on Canon Repair website, I get:

NULL

Which tells be it is no longer supported.

Can anyone point me in a direction of getting the lens repaired?

20240421_161955.jpg
  • SM-G981U
  • 5.4 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 160

If Canon won't repair APS in the Chicago area probably will. I've not dealt with them, but they are highly recommended for Nikon service by Nikon fanatics (as a former Nikon shooter I have read only good reviews about APS). They repair Nikon, Canon and Sony gear and might be worth a phone call.

Hope that helps.

I agree that you need to call them. I deal mostly with the facility in Newport News, Virginia. I have been a CPS gold member for 20 some years. For me it's worth it, I send in bodies and lenses every year or so for routine inspection and cleaning and have taken advantage of the discount on major repairs like when my 85mm f/1.2 had a spot of fungus on an interior element. For that lens they replaced the element and it ran about $300 with the discount. Not cheap but that lens cost me around $1600 when I got it several years ago. Now discontinued but apparently still repairable.

While your lenses factory warranty might have expired, the lens is quite new on the market, is still in production and popular. They typically only stop repairs on gear that has been out for over 10+ years since parts become the issue.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back