Head for Carbon Fibre Monopod

Yes got it as well and is perfect for a monopod.

Graham and Mark,

Let us know how you like the Manfrotto head. And remember, if you use Arca Swiss style plates for another tripod head, then the Peak Design Dual Plates will fit both Manfrotto and Arca Swiss. That is what I do to avoid having to switch plates on my gear.

What head to get (or no head at all), depends on what you intend to use monopod for. For bird/wildlife photography, which is what I do about 90% of the time, I had Sirui L-20S tilt/pan head on my monopod for a few years until I switched to Wimberley MH-100 MonoGimbal. I then modified the set up by adding a pan base to MonoGimbal. A pan head or pan base is of course not necessary for monopod use (or any head at all), but there are two advantages of having a pan functionality. One, the pan movement is lot smoother with less "obstructive" feel depending on the ground the monopod is being used. Two, I don't wear out the monopod foot by constant rotation or even losing an accessory twist on foot. Have experienced both. It's a personal preference that I'm happy with.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back