luckyheel

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Kevin
I need to use one image to copy someone from one photo and paste him into another photo. I have done some basic searching and have not been able to figure it out.

I am currently using Luminar 4 or Canon DPP.

Can anyone help?

The Layer mask feature In Luminar would be a likely tool. In Photoshop, I’d open the image with the person, then select him using selection brush or magnetic lasso, then copy ctrl-c the selection. Next open the photo he’s to be copied to, and paste the selction in as a new layer. Position the selection as desired. Layer masking allows you to designate what pixels of a layer are visible by painting mask areas white or black.

Clone tool is another possibility, but Layer mask gives you finer control and easier correction of errors.

For final touchup, you may need to feather the edges or lightly blur the edges of the selection so he blends into the surroundings with no sharp edged.

When satisfied, you should be able to flatten the image and save. If unsatisfied delete the added layers and try again.

i think this yt video might show the basic process for Luminar.

or this one with luminar 4

Last edited:
I need to use one image to copy someone from one photo and paste him into another photo. I have done some basic searching and have not been able to figure it out.

I am currently using Luminar 4 or Canon DPP.

Can anyone help?

You could reach out to Luminar's tech support for that question .... but I think the process you're describing is beyond Luminar's AND DPP's capabilities (and if what you're describing CAN be accomplished in Luminar my guess it would be a long, labor-intensive task). Gerald's answer has given the steps to get that done in Photoshop ... and I personally think that what you're trying to get done is a Photoshop operation ....

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back