StevenWoj

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Steven Wojtowicz
Does anyone have any info on non-Canon RF glass. I thought I saw Rokinon has some but I wasn't sure of the quality. Does anyone know when Sigma might announce a line?

Tamron make some.

I find reading reviews on PD Reviews and similar you get a balance

Does anyone have any info on non-Canon RF glass. I thought I saw Rokinon has some but I wasn't sure of the quality. Does anyone know when Sigma might announce a line?
I just bought the RF Samyang 85mm F1.8. I had the equivalent on my Sony A7R111 and it was a great lens, albeit slight warm image but could sort that easy in post. So because the lens had an Easter offer saving 20% I plunge for it at £479. That’s a massive saving against the Canon 85mm.As yet I haven’t managed to use it properly but I’m sure it will live u to the test.

I just bought the RF Samyang 85mm F1.8. I had the equivalent on my Sony A7R111 and it was a great lens, albeit slight warm image but could sort that easy in post. So because the lens had an Easter offer saving 20% I plunge for it at £479. That’s a massive saving against the Canon 85mm.As yet I haven’t managed to use it properly but I’m sure it will live u to the test.
I saw that one, was wondering about it. Would love your opinion once you have a chance to use it for a little.

Checked the Tamron site and no RF mounts
Looks like you are correct. We are going to need to wait for Tamron to catch up.

This is a list of 3rd party RF lenses.

I have the two Samyang lenses in native RF mounts 85 f/1.4 and 14 f/2.8. Very happy with both. Just put up a couple of shots in the Flowers in your Garden forum using the 85mm. Useful to also have the Samyang lens station as you need it for firmware updates, The 85 in particular nees to be at firmware 1.3 to be fully happy with the IBIS in the R5 and R6.

I have the two Samyang lenses in native RF mounts 85 f/1.4 and 14 f/2.8. Very happy with both. Just put up a couple of shots in the Flowers in your Garden forum using the 85mm. Useful to also have the Samyang lens station as you need it for firmware updates, The 85 in particular nees to be at firmware 1.3 to be fully happy with the IBIS in the R5 and R6.
I'll take a look at them later. Thanks for the info

As far as I know the Samyang 85mm f1.4 and the 14mm f2.8 are not available in the RF mount ATM, which is a shame as I was looking at buying both :)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back