Photography Challenge - Macro / Close-up

I somehow managed to let the camera go into auto-ISO mode, and with the use of flash - I found I had taken this photo...

Noise is impressively well controlled for 6400...

iso6400_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Last edited:
A scene from my greenhouse in the UK. A Cranefly captured by this Garden Spider right in front of me. The R7 is great for this.

Canon EOS R7 - Laowa 100 mm Macro - Mieke MK320 flash - Popeshield diffuser

Attachments

• MJH_R7_Spider_meal2.jpg
    MJH_R7_Spider_meal2.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 56
April - I usually use my macro lens for wild flowers but experimented with my RF 100 to 500 and was happy how it performed with the R5. Hand held while lying on the ground. No sharpening was applied.

View attachment 1749
Nice. Wish it was Crocus time again.

I have not used Focus stacking on R5 yet. I can see how to set up the initial focus but how do you know how many images to take to cover the subject and step size.

CR7_0720.JPG
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 640

This is my stacking test.

I have not used Focus stacking on R5 yet. I can see how to set up the initial focus but how do you know how many images to take to cover the subject and step size.
You could enable the depth composite option in the focus bracketing menu. This will generate a in-camera depth composite photo (in jpg format). If you don’t satisfy with the result in the photo, you could change the f-stop or no. of shots and repeat the process again. I recommend you to use Av mode and fix the step size to default value (4).

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back