Photography Challenge - Macro / Close-up

Beautiful image (I love the droplets), but it seems there are elements that fell outside the DOF. Was this intentional? What were the settings (number of shots/focus increment) for this stacking (focus bracketing) shot?
I usually include 10 shots in the bracket. I do not recall the rest of the settings. PD.
  • Canon EOS R7

• EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM

• 400.0 mm

• ƒ/6.3

• 1/640 sec

• ISO 640

Hi Frank,

I notice that you are using EOS-R7 and taking focus stacking photo, I am also using EOS-R7, EF 100mm f/2.8 macro IS, CRaw, focus stacking, V90 SD Card, do you notice that when taking focus bracketing photo, after 30 shots, there would be EVF lag ? (the EVF freezes for a moment and continous to operate)

I don't know if it is my R7 problem? or SD Card problem, or other problem

Thank you.

Stephen

Hi Frank,

I notice that you are using EOS-R7 and taking focus stacking photo, I am also using EOS-R7, EF 100mm f/2.8 macro IS, CRaw, focus stacking, V90 SD Card, do you notice that when taking focus bracketing photo, after 30 shots, there would be EVF lag ? (the EVF freezes for a moment and continous to operate)

Thank you.

Stephen
This is something that I tested once and don’t use at all because I’m not interested on macro photography. One point that I remember is that I do used just 10 pictures with good results. Be sure to use CRAW.

Hi Frank,

Thank you.

Stephen
BTW, in that picture I did not use stacking. In your case, I just noticed that you said that you are using CRAW. I think that it's a SD issue. I'm using a Sony Tough v90 card, they are rated one of the best in the market.

BTW, in that picture I did not use stacking. In your case, I just noticed that you said that you are using CRAW. I think that it's a SD issue. I'm using a Sony Tough v90 card, they are rated one of the best in the market.
Thanks

Wildflower - Smooth Blue Penstemon - I happy with how DPP got the colour just right on the flower. The colour was nice with Lightroom but the raw profile in DPP shows it the way it really was.

View attachment 3161
Very nice colours and crispy sharp!

Just a try, flowers are thankful, as they do not move :)
_62_0825.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • 90.0 mm
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 100

When I have done in-camera stacking there is a delay when it's over while the camera creates the composite image. If this is the freezing or lag you refer to, it seems normal to me.

You can choose for the camera to merely take the series of images for the stack, or also use the stack to create its own composite. It's really brilliant IMO; the only potential limitation I see is that the output is always a JPEG even if you are shooting RAAW.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back