Canon R7 R7 + Speed booster + f/11

dougsmit

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Douglas Smith
Since the R7 has come out we have seen reports of people using the 0.71x Speed Booster to turn a full frame lens into a faster cropper and we have seen people happy that the 'reach' of their long telephoto, especially the lower priced f/11 models, was increased by the 1.6x crop factor. What I have not seen is a report of someone trying the Speed Booster on an f/11 turning it into an f/8. Those of us who shoot distant birds in less than the brightest light might be willing to settle for only 600mm if we could get that extra stop of exposure. Some of my photos would have been improved if I had to crop less. Others would have preferred to get a lower ISO or faster shutter. Has anyone tried this?

So I've only been with Canon a year and all my equipment is mirrorless with an RF mount. This morning is the first time I've heard of it (YouTube recommended video) and now I'm seeing this. What I don't seem to be able to find is a strict RF mount speed adapter, only one built in to an EF to RF converter. Can anyone point me to one?

202305_CR7_3718-CR3 -1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 284.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 250

Taken with a vitrox speed booster.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back