Canon R7 R7 Sticky Grip?

John Cornicello

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
John Cornicello
Is anyone noticing that the grip gets sticky after holding the camera for only a few minutes? The material covering the camera feels a bit different than the full frame R-series cameras.

I did not notice anything similar. I remember though from past experience that some insect repellents did attack plastic materials (wristwatch straps, binocular and camera grips) . Similar problems may arise with some sun protection lotions.

I did not notice anything similar. I remember though from past experience that some insect repellents did attack plastic materials (wristwatch straps, binocular and camera grips) . Similar problems may arise with some sun protection lotions.
Not using any sprays or anything like that. Might just be this one camera. I'll check in with my local Canon rep. Thanks!

Not using any sprays or anything like that. Might just be this one camera. I'll check in with my local Canon rep. Thanks!
Hi,...lots of past posts on the internet about similar issues and mentioning the materials cameras are made from and also heat and natural skin oils.....but usually over time so being so soon for you seems a bit out of step ...sounds like your local Canon rep is the best place to go further as you indicated

I've also read a few on-line articles that hand sanitizer can have a detrimental effect on some camera hand grip material. I'm not a chemist, and don't know what comprises these liquids, but it does sound odd nonetheless. I agree with contacting your Canon rep for help.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back