RF 16mm f2.8 in my R7, only Manual focus?

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

arttiz

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Jaime E. Ortiz
Hi. I own a Canon R7 and a Canon RF 16mm f2.8 lens. When I try to focus, only Manual focus mode works. Nothing more. I change to my RF 35 mm and the R7 focus without problems. But once I put the RF 16 back, no auto focus, only manual. I put the RF 16 in my R6mkII and it focuses automatically. What could be happening? I just installed the latest 1.3 version of the firmware in my camera with no luck. Please help!

Does the RF 16mm have an AF/MF switch? If so, check that it's set to AF. Otherwise you might have to enable AF in the menu of the camera somewhere.

Does the RF 16mm have an AF/MF switch? If so, check that it's set to AF. Otherwise you might have to enable AF in the menu of the camera somewhere.
It’s really odd, the lens works perfectly in my R6mkII, but in my R7 always in M mode for focus. Doesn’t give me any other option.

You mean the setting in the camera menu is greyed out, so you can't change it? Or the menu item isn't there at all?

The RF 16 f/2.8 has a focus/control switch on the body. That should not impact AF/MF. Rather just the just of the ring. AF should still work when the ring is on focus.

The R7 body has an AF/MF switch on the front. I assume you switched that to AF?

Lastly, at least with the RP and R6II there is an AF/MF option in a menu dive. I don’t know if the body switch negates that menu option on the R7, or if it’s a redundant setting that’s causing trouble for you. I guess check the menu and make sure that is set to AF (if the option exists), the body switch is set to AF, and the lens is set to Control.

Hi guys! Neither the nifty fifty RF 50 mm 1.8 lens nor my RF 16mm lens work in Auto Focus in my R7. I have tested the 24-105 and 35 mm in the R7 and work nice with auto focus, but once I put the 16 or the 50, the camera doesn't get out of manual focus. What could be happening?

Could it be the control ring switch is set to focus, which i think puts in MF, try switching it to control.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back