Slow viewfinder wakeup

I have set up the double BBF, one for animal eye and the other for spot focus. If the subject is moving fast or is in long grass or similar I use the spot focus to get near the head and then switch to eye focus.

Not sure what you mean by BBF Brian? The C1/2/3 custom modes?

Nick - not so much a setting as a mode. I am not sure how long this has been around, it certainly wasn't in my old EOS Rebel from 10 years ago, but I have found shooting in FV mode is the best of all worlds. You can set shutter speed, aperture value, and ISO speed manually or automatically (in any combination) and combine these settings with your choice of exposure compensation.

I took a look at that when I first got it TMac but couldn't see what it does that's different from what I do when I set Tv and Av values in Manual and then the ISO to Auto. Am I missing something?

Ah... thanks. Not something I've ever got to grips with despite the many people who love it. It's a Marmite thing for me.

Ah... thanks. Not something I've ever got to grips with despite the many people who love it. It's a Marmite thing for me.
Yeh, it is certainly marmite and I love it once I got used to it. It mighty be worthwhile trying it for the R5/R6 because you then have the advantage of having two focus methods, which I find invaluable for action shots.

My R5 is set to smooth as well TMac and, like you Brian, I use the shutter button to wake the camera. The viewfinders are a little different between the R6 and R5... I wonder if that makes a difference? 🤔
I have an EOS R, and it takes a second to display after having woken it up by pressing the shutter button.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back