Brian1965

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Brian Donnelly
Hello, I'm thinking of getting the R8 with the 100-500 or 70-200mm lens for wildlife photography. Thoughts? Advice? Thank you.

Hello, I'm thinking of getting the R8 with the 100-500 or 70-200mm lens for wildlife photography. Thoughts? Advice? Thank you.
Hi Brian,

Welcome! :)

You may want to check out this review of the R8 and RF 100-500 combo from TheCameraStoreTV.

I also recommend The-digital-Picture.com for in-depth written reviews of the R8 and RF 100-500.

(I have an RF 100-500, which I would rate as 'absolutely fantastic', but not that body - I have an R5).

Phil

Last edited:
I have an R5 with that lens, and it's stellar. Just no weak spots at all, and you lose next to nothing when you add the 1.4TC. Note, just one downside with the TC: you lose some zoom range due to the physical constraints of the TC. Anyway, go for it!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back