Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Norman Schweitzer
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
An FD to RF adapter. I have some Canon Film cameras (AE-1 program and an A-1) I also have some FD lenses. Decided it would be fun to see what I get out from them. The adapter was only 50$ CDN, so not a big investment. Totally manual. No autofocus no aperture or shutter priority. Auto Iso does work. really funny to try and set an exposure because only the shutter thumb(?) wheel worked. I had to set aperture on the lens. At this point I have nothing to show for it as I was only playing with it in my house. I will be going out this weekend on a photo meet up, and will try it out "in the field".

The lenses are
Vivitar 28-80mm F3.5-4.5
Five star Auto Macro 75-200mm F4.5
Canon 50 mm F1.8 (this will be fun to compare to canon rf 50mm f/1.8 stm)
and a Quantaray 2x extender.

Images to follow

Cool.
The 200mm macro sounds intriguing. They don't have that anymore.

I have 2 FD lenses that both have FD to EOS adapters already on them. I think I bought them from Cash Converters back in 2005 when I got my first Canon. It was a 350D and these lenses were cheap. Strangely, one is a 50mm 1.4 Canon and the other is a 200mm Panagor 3.5. I know I have to set he R5 to Release shutter without lens to get it to take photos with them both. I have some spare time this week so I'll play with them and post some images. They both look to be in really good condition for their age.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back