Your Photo of the Week

Week 16 - We were privileged to see Prairie Rattlesnakes in their den. To get this picture I had to stand on quite an incline on uneven ground just below the top of a coulee. Lighting was a challenge. No room for a tripod or monopod so it is handheld.
Awesome shot Kathryn. Glad that you were using the 100-500 though and not a macro lens! :)

That’s a seriously good image from the 100-500 lens Tim. I thought it was a macro shot initially.
Thanks Mike. It does make a great alternative to a macro and you can shoot from much further away as well.

Week #10.

Mrs. Red Cardinal posing for the camera.

BA-210616-2039.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF600mm F11 IS STM
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 12800

It was really nice to have my 100 to 500 lens. I only needed 145 mm because we were on the side of a coulee and I needed a helicopter 🚁 to get a little distance. I should have used a lower shutter speed but my footing was not stable. Lucky my balance was good that day last week. I have since taken a tumble and spent 4 days in hospital with a concussion. I just got out this morning.
Wow! That was a great shot, and I'm sorry to hear you were hurt. I hope you get better quickly!

#Week 3 (missed out last week due to being way too busy with work).

Subject is a David Austin Lady of Shallot rose. My 11yr old son wanted to get in on the photography fun, so I lent him my old EOS450D and set ourselves a task of capturing this rose, with everything in manual, with the only thing set in stone being we had to use a 35mm focal length.
6U9A0573.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali
Back