Week #3, a gull taken at Knypersley Reservoir
6U9A0435.JPG
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary 015 +1.4x
  • 840.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 500

Week 16 - We were privileged to see Prairie Rattlesnakes in their den. To get this picture I had to stand on quite an incline on uneven ground just below the top of a coulee. Lighting was a challenge. No room for a tripod or monopod so it is handheld.

_L6A6350-Edit.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 145.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 10000

Week 16 - We were privileged to see Prairie Rattlesnakes in their den. To get this picture I had to stand on quite an incline on uneven ground just below the top of a coulee. Lighting was a challenge. No room for a tripod or monopod so it is handheld.

View attachment 3883
We have plenty of these rascals here in Arizona and about 6 species. Best observed from a distance with that 500mm lens ;) :cool:

We have plenty of these rascals here in Arizona and about 6 species. Best observed from a distance with that 500mm lens ;) :cool:
It was really nice to have my 100 to 500 lens. I only needed 145 mm because we were on the side of a coulee and I needed a helicopter 🚁 to get a little distance. I should have used a lower shutter speed but my footing was not stable. Lucky my balance was good that day last week. I have since taken a tumble and spent 4 days in hospital with a concussion. I just got out this morning.

It was really nice to have my 100 to 500 lens. I only needed 145 mm because we were on the side of a coulee and I needed a helicopter 🚁 to get a little distance. I should have used a lower shutter speed but my footing was not stable. Lucky my balance was good that day last week. I have since taken a tumble and spent 4 days in hospital with a concussion. I just got out this morning.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you are recovering well. Actually, I wondered about the shutter speed. Was the tail buzzing because it looks completely still here? Those tails are like hummingbird wings.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are recovering well. Actually, I wondered about the shutter speed. Was the tail buzzing because it looks completely still here? Those tails are like hummingbird wings.
Thank you. The tail was shaking periodically. I am not sure it was when I took this shot. Prairie Rattlesnakes are endangered here. We used to see them all the time but we rarely see them now.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back