Followers
Following
Name
Geraldine Davison
City/State
Queensland
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi, I am attempting to show a double exposure on my R5 and I'm struggling to get it correct. I have changed camera settings as per manual and watched many uTube instructional videos. Im wondering if anybody on here has had any luck and may have some tips for me to try.

Solution
Keep it simple to start with.

Camera-5: Multiple exposure

Multiple exposure: ON:Func/Ctrl
Multiple-exposure ctrl: Average
Number of exposures: 2
Save source imags: Results only
Continue Multi-exp: 1 shot only
Using these settings, set your camera up to a properly exposed shot for a selfie in the left half of the frame. For the second shot repeat, but be in the right side of the frame.

NOTE: the exposure for the first photo stays the same for all subsequent photos.

The two photos are blended together. That is why you see the background behind the person. You would need to use something like Photoshop layers to blend without the background showing through the individual.

This is the...

Using these settings, set your camera up to a properly exposed shot for a selfie in the left half of the frame. For the second shot repeat, but be in the right side of the frame.

NOTE: the exposure for the first photo stays the same for all subsequent photos.

The two photos are blended together. That is why you see the background behind the person. You would need to use something like Photoshop layers to blend without the background showing through the individual.

This is the results of those settings:

Attachments

• DEAN5836.JPG
    DEAN5836.JPG
    577.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Here is a six exposure ICM (Intentional Camera Movement) jpg straight out of the camera without postprocessing.
I was about at close to the flowers as I could get and remain in focus.
f/7.1 ~ 1/400 sec ~ ISO 320 ~ 500mm
DEAN5838.JPG
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 320

This is the results of those settings:
Thank you so much, it looks great but I'm not sure about the selfie bit 😂

Solution
Here is a six exposure ICM (Intentional Camera Movement) jpg straight out of the camera without postprocessing.
I was about at close to the flowers as I could get and remain in focus.
f/7.1 ~ 1/400 sec ~ ISO 320 ~ 500mmView attachment 16084
Excellent.......Thanks for your reply and I'm now imagining the possibilities for this technique

and while you are in the experimenting mode...

While some people dismiss the Firmware 1.8.1 feature "IBIS: High resolution shot" due to the artifacts from movement, why not use the new feature as it was Not meant to be used? Photograph a moving subject.

5000px-4P9A5746.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 428.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 50

That is a very interesting effect. I like it, and thanks for sharing.

WOW!!! That looks really cool, I had better update but the truth is that terrifies me. My friend and I who live like 600 kilometres apart and rarely see each other, set a new photography challenge each week so thanks for the couple of ideas (y)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back