Criticism - Good Bad or say nothing.

I've setup the Critique Lounge Forum that can be found towards the top of the forum list. I'm still working on a guide for members asking for critique and those replying, so posting is disabled for now. Please feel free to make suggestions in this thread, they will most likely evolve over time so don't need to be perfect for now.
Thanks!

I'll setup a dedicated forum for members who are looking for critique for now. I'll also consider some sort of option to show that critique is welcome for images posted in other forums, but I expect this will just get overlooked.
Sounds good. I’m sure the separate forum will be the primary source for critiques.

Question, if someone wanted to post to a particular forum and they also wanted a critique would they need to post to both places? Sorry, if I’m over thinking this.

Can it be pinned in the suggestions that the poster list at a minimum the equipment used to capture the image? Sometimes the metadata falls off with processing and it can be a pain to go back to check the settings, but most of us at least know which body and lens we were using, and it is usually one of the first questions asked.

Can it be pinned in the suggestions that the poster list at a minimum the equipment used to capture the image? Sometimes the metadata falls off with processing and it can be a pain to go back to check the settings, but most of us at least know which body and lens we were using, and it is usually one of the first questions asked.
It should also be noted in the "guidance on the web for this area" that the more information provided, the more accurate and valuable the critiques can become.

I think a critique area would be good. But what would be better if people were asked how would they improve the shot.
Post procerssing
Filters
Burning dodging
LUTS
cropping.

I only post if I like it. If I don't that's on me, my perspective and values.

The Critique Lounge is now open for posting, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and @Greg for starting this discussion.

Question, if someone wanted to post to a particular forum and they also wanted a critique would they need to post to both places? Sorry, if I’m over thinking this.
People are welcome to ask for critique in any forum here, but preferably one forum at a time. Critiques may end up getting lost over time in the other forums though. I think by having one forum focussed on critique members will easily be able to scan through all of the threads to help themselves first before asking.

Thank you Timothy for taking up my suggestion. I had criticised someone's picture a week or so ago and I was sort of reprimanded. Mostly my fault for not being politically correct, not that I am likely to lambast anyone that cares to post in this section. I hope, here, we can be just a little freer with our comments. Let's keep it friendly and helpful.

People are welcome to ask for critique in any forum here, but preferably one forum at a time. Critiques may end up getting lost over time in the other forums though. I think by having one forum focussed on critique members will easily be able to scan through all of the threads to help themselves first before asking.
I do not see why you cannot post your work in other areas of the forum, and if you want a critic put a link to it here. That way you get the comments in this section and your work is free of comments in another section. Also that saves duplication and Timothy's website storage.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back