View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Renegade Viewfinder

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mario Gonzalez
I have the Canon EF - R adapter and use it on my EOS R what I am wondering is do you loose anything in using EF lenses on this camera with the adaptor. Focus speed, image quality. Just curious. I just got the 50mm 1.8 RF and 35mm 1.8 RF but cant afford the 24mm to 70mm. I plan to use adapter and my Tamron 24mm to 70mm if I will not lose a lot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I use the Canon EF-R adapter on my R5 and find it to be perfect. No change in AF speed, image quality, or anything else. Just be sure you have the Canon adapter, not 3rd party.

I also have a Canon R and the adaptor on my EFS 10-18mm and I've not noticed any problems with it in terms of quality. Hope this helps

The adapter is just a spacer that has features to pass the electrical signals to the EF or EF-S lens. As such, any tolerance errors in the spacing are accounted for in the focusing process. One great feature of focusing on a mirrorless camera is that the sensor itself is used for focusing, rather than separate sensors as on a DSLR. Thus, no focus calibration is required.

I don’t have any native RF glass yet. I heard that shutter speeds with EF glass is lower than with RF. Can anyone confirm, and if there is a slow down, does it really affect anything? I shoot with a 5d mkIV and the R5 so I have an adapter instead of using two sets of glass.

I have these adapters and find the EF lenses work fine. With no worries regarding micro adjustments required for back or front focus problems, the EF L lenses seem to perform better. As yet no RF lenses.

I have the Canon EF - R adapter and use it on my EOS R what I am wondering is do you loose anything in using EF lenses on this camera with the adaptor. Focus speed, image quality. Just curious. I just got the 50mm 1.8 RF and 35mm 1.8 RF but cant afford the 24mm to 70mm. I plan to use adapter and my Tamron 24mm to 70mm if I will not lose a lot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I've tried my 200mm 1.8 on the R5. Amazing focus speed.

I've tried my 200mm 1.8 on the R5. Amazing focus speed.
That is music to my ears as I want to use the same lens on the R5.
I did try using this lens with a Metabones adapter on a friends Sony A7R3 and in bright light the focus was fine but when the light levels dropped it just hunted without achieving focus at all.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back