View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Renegade Viewfinder

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mario Gonzalez
I have the Canon EF - R adapter and use it on my EOS R what I am wondering is do you loose anything in using EF lenses on this camera with the adaptor. Focus speed, image quality. Just curious. I just got the 50mm 1.8 RF and 35mm 1.8 RF but cant afford the 24mm to 70mm. I plan to use adapter and my Tamron 24mm to 70mm if I will not lose a lot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
My experience has been either neutral or slight improvements. The one that isn't an improvement I am selling, my beloved 40 pancake. There have been a few reports of certain lenses being slower in focusing (those have all been FBW I believe) and noisier but for the most part it's a win win with EF glass, Canon 1st party that is.

Very many thanks Greg - I'm pleased to hear that.
The basic RF-EF adapter is £119.99 from the Canon store, Greg. So if you saved £200, you were being ripped of handsomely! My EOS-R came bundled with it. It works absolutely perfectly.

The basic RF-EF adapter is £119.99 from the Canon store, Greg. So if you saved £200, you were being ripped of handsomely! My EOS-R came bundled with it. It works absolutely perfectly.
Do t think I or anyone was being ripped off when the Canon adapter was over £200. That was the cost last February when I ordered my R5. The cost drove me to get an after market for under £50 , the same adapter is now about £35. And now I use my RF 24 240 almost exclusively the adapter is almost redundant

I don’t have any native RF glass yet. I heard that shutter speeds with EF glass is lower than with RF. Can anyone confirm, and if there is a slow down, does it really affect anything? I shoot with a 5d mkIV and the R5 so I have an adapter instead of using two sets of glass.
some ef lens can't handle the high speed.....check the Canon Manual it has list of which do and which don't...you will ge blinky on the camera

I bought an R6. I use it with the EF 500/4. Since I bought it the eos 5D mk 4 has stayed in the cupboard. I prefer the results from the R6. There are probably a variety of reason but there's, for example, no need for microadjustment for mirrorless lenses.
The adaptor is essentially just a spacer to enable the image to focus the image at the 44mm required by the EF system rather than the 20mm of the R system. Plus, of course, maintain the electrical connections between the lens and body. Go for it.
Eric

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back