Followers
Following
Name
Ferenc Mógor
City/State
Budapest, Hungary
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Just did some HDR rendering on some of my recent photos taken in Budapest. Do you think they work?

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 6Topazd.jpg
    6Topazd.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 7Topazd.jpg
    7Topazd.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 8Topazd.jpg
    8Topazd.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 9Topazd.jpg
    9Topazd.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    672.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 12Topazd.jpg
    12Topazd.jpg
    828 KB · Views: 51
I know many folks are tired of HDR but I tend to like the effect. Except for the sky in a couple of them.

I know many folks are tired of HDR but I tend to like the effect. Except for the sky in a couple of them.
Agree with you arnoldtom. I also like the effect from time to time, althoug I don't do HDR transformation frequently. Actually its a kinda software touch either done in-camera or during post processing. Interesting aspect that the sky may fall victim of such rendering, dunno why, but its true. From hereon I believe this kinda modification of our pictures is rather personal and subjective. Like it or leave it, right? My intention was to start some discussions on this technique. Thanks for your input. Take care.

I remember several years back when HDR was all the rage and I got some program that would generate them, but I never liked that way-too-over-processed look. All I wanted to do was balance brights and darks, not add some painterly look to the final photo! But then when I discovered the Photo -> Photo Merge -> HDR menu item in Lightroom, I finally found a way to create natural-looking HDR images. I'm sure all the other RAW processing programs have this ability, but I'm sure glad it showed up in Lightroom. Now I regularly take a series of 5 bracketed shots about 1/2- to 2/3-stop apart because it's so easy to merge them this way, ex. interior photos with windows, landscapes with bright sky and shadows in the same scene, etc.

Just did some HDR rendering on some of my recent photos taken in Budapest. Do you think they work?
Interesting comparisons. For me, it works best with the last one,12. With 6, it works for the city (the Buda side, right?), but not the sky. Anyway, my 2 cents (or Forints, in this case).

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back