Followers
Following
Name
Edward
City/State
Loudoun, Virginia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Had a friend reach out for an upper torso headshot. I immediately jumped at the opportunity to give the RF 85mm f/1.2 another chance to shine. I’m totally sold on it.

frXMhkc-0%21largestimage%3FMaxSize%3DImageSize5K.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF85mm F1.2 L USM
  • 85.0 mm
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

The way the 50 & 85 1.2 have such a nice fall off as parts of the subject exit the depth of field is unique. You can tell parts of the focus are falling off, but those parts still look relatively crisp. I’m not describing this well, but I think you know what I mean.

Like his right arm. You can tell it’s exiting the focal plane, but the fall off is so smooth the transition looks amazing. Some lenses have such a sharp fall off.

You did a great job with this one. I’m assuming left eye AF? And nice job with the angle on his glasses! Sometimes the magnification makes the face look weird behind the lens and you nailed it. Nice work!

I do, but it's easy to over do it. I think I nailed this one though. His left ear is where it starts to fall away, and I think I was around f2. 0.

You did a great job with this one. I’m assuming left eye AF? And nice job with the angle on his glasses! Sometimes the magnification makes the face look weird behind the lens and you nailed it. Nice work!
Thank you. Yup, have back button Eye AF set to the asterisk button. Hold it down and let it rip. It's almost too easy.

The fact you can cycle through left eye, right eye, auto, is wild. Allegedly Canon has some new AF patents that we might see on the R5.2, and I can only imagine what they will be IRL. There’s a bunch of YT videos of speculation about it.

But, technology aside, you nailed the lines and composition. Those glasses could have ruined this image and you nailed it. There’s no AI tech that could make those decisions.

I told him the other day he's my most high maintenance client, but in reality he's just aesthetically minded. He selected three others that he liked better. Here they are...

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

2024_March_Marron_Headshot_017-DNG-DxO_DeepPRIMEXD2-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF85mm F1.2 L USM
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 640

2024_March_Marron_Headshot_022-DNG-DxO_DeepPRIMEXD2-Edit-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF85mm F1.2 L USM
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 640

2024_March_Marron_Headshot_280-DNG-DxO_DeepPRIMEXD2-Edit-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF85mm F1.2 L USM
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

That's the one I like the least! Of the three he selected, I like the last one the best.

I don't often share everything shot, but he's a good friend, so I did....and it went down exactly like I suspected and he selected images I didn't. But if he's happier, was it a loss?

lol to me, I’d ask what’s the purpose of the headshots? Business, LinkedIn, just cuz? I like that the 1st one adds some dimension with him on the edge of the corner. I also like the light in the background, but some people find that stuff distracting… I find it more pleasing and natural.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back