jwn

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
john
Shooting the R5 with 100-400II with IS on and IS off. at high shutter speeds.....nowhere in the EXIF or Recipes info in DPP4 does it show if IS is on or off...two hundred piece of info but nothing on IS .....any clue if the info is available in the image info????

No, I don't think it's recorded. Having just purchased the RF100-500 I have found after limited use the IQ no better than the 100-400Mk2 , the AF speed no quicker ( it might be in milli seconds) but the IS is possibly slightly better and the reach is definitely 20% better. Is it worth spending the extra for the reach. That's a personal decision.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back