Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mark Seymour
City/State
Rutland
Hi all

Looking to get the RF200-800 when i can (no stock anywhere). However i had a thought, perhaps to get an R7 and use my RF100-500. This options would certainly be cheaper, and with the cropped sensor i would get the 800mm but wondered if anyone had experience of this or thoughts. Currently using the R6 MKii, so R7 would be second body.

Thanks in Advance

also does anyone have experience of using the 1.4 extender on the R7 Rf100-500 set up?
I do. I have shot quite a bit with it. BIF is pretty challenging but my keeper rate goes way down. A full zoom and the math you are looking at 1120mm.

I made a decision this year to stop using the 1.4 TC with that combo and I get 800mm. I will use it on my R6II which puts it at 700mm. It works very well with a FF.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back